Friday, November 14, 2014

Fabulous Friday!

I'm back from Wally World  and a visit to a nearby "home center" that I've never been too.  It was nice and they have lots of stuff even furniture and ovens and refrigerators.   They did not have any laminate flooring though but they did have vinyl tiles.  Just checking in case I get a "wild hair".  I can tell I'm getting one because the other night I pulled up a little of the carpeting...just to see.
Meanwhile though............I made a really good salad last night...if you like romaine, toasted walnuts, pears and blue cheese with homemade vinaigrette and some taragon and salt and pepper...another Mark Bittman easy delicious recipe.
 Of course, I had to use "bagged" romaine, blue cheese crumbles instead of Stilton and there was no "fresh" taragon but it was still yummy.  I did use fresh pears though, not canned. LOL!
,
 I also got into my new book and yarn and started crocheting my first doily.......LOVE!  I really like the muted colors as they make it seem older like something from the 30's or 40's or maybe the 50's?  I loved the decorating back then.  Ruth, you were so right.  The Debbie Bliss cashmerino is a dream to work with; you don't want to stop!
  Today was shopping and here are a few items I picked up...........these were $1 and I should have picked up 2 packages.  They are great for hemming or hexies or any number of craft projects.  I've seen Clover selling some fancy ones for lots more than $1!
I also got some more of these pantry containers which are not cheap but they lock and they are clear....I can see into them while so many of the less expensive ones are cloudy and I can't see what's in them.  The square size and stackability makes them great for efficient use of space in the cupboard.
Also, in each one I get a card for a free subscription to BH&G magazine which I really don't want but I have lots of those cards now so if you want one just send me your name and address and I 'll fill it out and send it in for you so you'll get the magazine and I won't have to pay any postage as the card is postage paid.  First come first serve!
Have you ever tried these coffee creamers?  I usually use Coffeemate but I love the Pumpkin Pie Spice and now I'm going to try the Almond Joy.  They're seasonal so I have to "stock up". 
Last but not least it's that time of year folks.............time for ham and bean soup!  This is when I bring out the frozen ham leftover from Easter.   There's 15 Bean, Ham Bean and now there's a Cajun Bean which I'd like to try.  They're all good and the directions are on the package.  Goes great with cornbread and a snowstorm or ice storm too.

Have a great Friday night!  Happy Trails!


8 comments:

  1. It looks like you got lots of treasures in your shopping expedition. Those clips do look very handy and I've debated getting some of those stacking canisters. After reading your post I think I'll have to go price them. Do you know who has the best deals on them?
    Blessings,
    Betsy
    Http://Betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already get BH and G darn. Love those colors of the doily..way cool! I am using some old frosted cereal containers from Tupperware for Brown Sugar, white sugar, flour and my special bread flour a mix of whole wheat and white flour. I just took a Sharpie and wrote on the outside! I have them on my top shelf and they are easy to reach as long as I don't heave them real far back in the cupboard!
    All your good looking foods...I have never made anything but baked beans with a ham bone...I think I must be a food snob:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The salad looks delicious and the bean soup sounds good, too. I don't subscribe to magazines any more. I usually pick them up at the library or read blogs! lol Have a good weekend my friend! I went to Wally World today too but only got groceries. I looked for you....but didn't see you! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Your salad looks scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same crochet book and have done that pattern many times. I like the colors you are using. Glad to see you are keeping busy over there, as usual. It's been a stay at home kinda weekend here. I have things I should be doing but instead have been doing whatever I want. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job in that salad. It looks professional. Your doily looks terrific so far. How do you use those clamps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, I only have one place to shop...Wal-Mart so deal or no deal that's where I get them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The salad looks yummy! I made my first doily not long ago, with thread. It turned out quite wonky. Hope yours turns out better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!